Sunday, March 27, 2011

MY THOUGHTS: Los Vaqueros

Los Vaqueros
1537 N Glenstone Ave
Springfield, MO 65803

Eh... it was alright. I actually cant think of anything bad to say about it (but on the same note, I cant think of much nice to say either.)

I got the chicken chimichanga (deep fried burrito.) There was some kind of queso dip over the top, optional lettuce, pico and guac on the side and it came w/ beans and rice. There was a LOT of chicken in it (same with my Michael's chimicanga except his was made with pieces of beef.) I liked the guacamole (I dont think I've ever had any that I HAVENT liked though, to be honest.) The rice and beans were pretty good. Better than most I've had in Springfield, I guess (they always seem kinda flavorless nomatter where I go...)

We had a take out order and they included a HUGE bag of tortilla chips and a cup of homemade salsa, which was nice. I really wasnt too blown away by the salsa though. Tasted a little too watered down and it didnt have any spice at all to it. Very fresh though, I could tell that for sure.

It was not as good as Mexican Villa, better than Maria's and about on the same level as Purple Burrito (to put it in perspective, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment